December 31, 2010

2010 - The year that was!



3 Months in Minnesota, 3 months in Indiana and rest in Chennai. To sum it up in half a line, 2010 was a better year than expected. I traveled a good deal, spent a good deal of time for sports, read a few books, worked not so hard, got closer to home and experiencing the much written "India's growth story". I am back to reading newspaper in the mornings as a first or second thing, which wasn't part of the routine in states, something that I missed all my years in US. I like reading hard copy any day over the electronic version.

Professionally, I have done a few good things this year but something isn't right; there are very many things bothering me these days. I have definitely transformed from a guy full of complaints to someone with a justification to all that goes on around me. If you talk to my old bosses, you will consistently hear of my complaints. I started seeing things from the other side so much that everything makes so much sense to me these days. I am fully aware that such extreme justification only causes inaction and something definitely needs to be done to correct it. But, I may find reasons for odd things but I certainly started to dislike most that happens around me and when I realize that I can't do much about it, it just bothers me a great deal. Circle of influence by Mr. Covey comes to my mind.

Something exciting happened about 2 months ago. I had the rare privilege of sitting across my MD&CEO for a 20 Minute chat along with 15 other people and it just felt great  and cool to share the table with CEO. I am hoping that 2011 opens up great opportunities to do some exciting work and of course get noticed of for all the good work!

We are expecting a baby in about 3 months from now and that would make 2011 a special year. I am for a boy and all others are hoping for a girl. So, hoping for very best! It feels so strange to be called DAD. It is more respect, responsibility and I am not sure what other things the job description brings to the table. I am so looking forward to next 3-4 months. Considering all that is going on both on the professional front and personal front, I can see next 3-4 months being very exciting. I will report more on that sometime down the line.

2010 was full of events and blogging opportunities were many but I didn't write as much for many reasons. I will get more frequent with blogging both here and the tech blog. I am not making any resolutions as such other than getting better at reading, writing and speaking. It is really hard to execute all of them well.

I wish you and your family a great year ahead! Live life to the fullest!!

1 comment:

balai said...

Changa, wishing u & u'r family a wonderful 2011 da. Also congrats on the big news!