December 28, 2008

2008 - The year that was!


It has been a very long time posting something here. I know I have lost most of my readers by now but it would be a good read for myself sometime in future. Before I reflect on the year 2008 and make some predictions for 2009, I read my 2007 post. I wanted 2008 to be more eventful from personal front and I tied the knot on 10th November. I am going to review the married life sometime into it rather than now. One thing that should have happened in 2008 is to return to India for good after the long and hectic stint with an automotive finance firm in California but I was asked to file for extension just 2 days before and the extension has been approved for another 2 years. I moved to Minneapolis in Feb this year and summer was such a pleasure after facing the cold winter for about 2 months. Winter this time has not been that bad so far but will have to watch what Jan would be like.

Professionally, it has not been that bad and at the same time it hasn't been easy. There are some challenges but as a team, I am confident we will be able to get through them over time. I sometimes think that I have become pretty tough after my previous assignment, which can be proved correct only by working for them again and thinking about working there again sends some uneasiness in my nerves.

I am not sure what 2009 has in store both from professional and personal front. All experts are warning that 2009 will get worse with jobs and economy and I hope time has come to buy an apartment in Hyd or B'lore. From personal front, I am looking forward to having some good quality time as a married man with my life partner. So, I am not looking forward to so much in 2009. -:)

I will plan to visit NY and Florida in 2009. I also plan to invest in stock market more actively this year. No resolutions as such other than getting up early and get to work early in the day, which is tough in this weather but will put every effort. By the way, just for record, this new year was the dullest in the last many many years.

I wish each and everybody out there a happy and prosperous new year! Have good fun and take care!!

No comments: