December 17, 2004

GMAT living upto the expectations..

Most of my classmates at VISU have blocked the dates for GMAT. In fact, two of them have given their GMAT recently. I am not quite sure of their stratey and plans but sure about their skills in the classroom. One of them has been with HSBC for the past three years, and the other has been idle after his MS at one of the Australian Universities.
The lady who has been with HSBC was very responsive in the classes and consistently scored 650+ in the practice tests from Princeton's and Powerprep. In fact, she faced GMAT well before the completion of the classes. I was surprised when she told me that she had to come out with just 560. But, she went on to apply to ISB this year in the R1. I will have to find out from her if she is called for the interview. Definitely, that will be a bigger surprise.
Another classmate of mine gave GMAT Yesterday and managed just 460. I called him that night to find out his experiences but was a bit surprised to note the score. He never looked confident when it comes to verbal but was very good in Quant. He in fact told me once or twice that he would be very happy if he gets 550+. He is not bothered about the institute and fee etc. He just wants to do MBA from some damn US institute. Finances aren’t a problem for him. He told me he is traveling to Australia for a short trip to forget his failure in GMAT. I just could not believe what he said. But, I didn't have a choice but say 'GOOD'.
Unfortunately, many of my classmates at VISU are ultra rich and they are not aspiring for anything BIG. But, I have it in me to make BIG. I have to plan out well before I take the plunge. Guys born with a silver spoon in their **** can continue to test the test makers by writing GMAT twice, thrice and so on. But that idea itself would definitely haunt me everyday for months.

No comments: