December 10, 2004

IIMA opens up one year PGP

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, is launching PGPX for executives with substantial work experience. Click hre for more..
I feel 7 years is little too much to ask for from the aspirants. In the financial point of view, it makes lot of sense. But, most critical things like placements, aumni and pay are actually to be seen. Will ISB think about slashing the fee? Yahoo group, ISB-PGP, has been very vociferous about this move. But, I am more interested in seeing iSB slashing the price of the product they are offering. In my personal view, ISB's PGP scores better than what IIMA can offer if both the products are priced at litlle less or abolve 10 Lakhs. What ISB charges now (15 Lakhs+) is more than too much for an indian institute. I am not worried what IIMA can offer but I am looking forward to ISB slashing the fee for next year.
I came across another institute which made news in ET few days back. GREAT LAKES Institute of Management has not built the alumni that ISB could boast off but will definitely become an institute of class in coming years. I don't think I will have serious look at this option.

No comments: